The historic Long Walk buildings are the very heart of the Trinity College campus, and their restoration and renovation required the full range of QA+M’s preservation skills. This complex of historic buildings, designed by William Burges and completed in 1897, underwent complete exterior restoration, including: stone masonry, steel windows, leaded glass, slate roofing and copper flashings, copper gutter systems, stone and terracotta ornamentation.
The plans of the buildings were modified to recreate the original entry and suite layouts, and the interiors were renovated to provide code-complying exit ways and fire stairs, new bathroom facilities, restored finishes, and new furnishings. QA+M also coordinated the mechanical improvements to the buildings, including new heating and cooling systems, upgraded electrical service, extended fire alarm and sprinkler protection, and a new hard-wired telecommunications system within the extended campus-wide computer networking system.
2009 AIA Connecticut Design Award
QA+M Architecture is a full-service architectural firm that provides programming, planning and interior design for clients in Commercial, community, education, healthcare, historical, housing, and recreational/athletic markets. Staffed by 33 dedicated professionals, including 18 licensed architects, the firm has grown into one of the 10 largest architectural firms in Connecticut.
195 Scott Swamp Rd, Farmington, CT 06032