The new administrative office for the cemetery is the restored and renovated chapel; with the original gates and gate houses built at its main entrance in 1882, designed by one of Hartford’s most prominent 19th century architects, George Keller.
The chapel was restored after being closed for many years. Its granite and brick walls were reconstructed and cleaned, a new slate roof installed as well as new mechanical and electrical systems. The building's redesign brought it into code conformance and provided handicapped access. The original stained-glass windows and period woodwork were restored; new interior decorative finishes and furnishings were provided. For the present, the building serves as the administrative office but was designed to permit its use to revert to its original public assembly function, if the office moves elsewhere.
Cedar Hill Cemetery
QA+M Architecture is a full-service architectural firm that provides programming, planning and interior design for clients in Commercial, community, education, healthcare, historical, housing, and recreational/athletic markets. Staffed by 33 dedicated professionals, including 18 licensed architects, the firm has grown into one of the 10 largest architectural firms in Connecticut.
195 Scott Swamp Rd, Farmington, CT 06032