The Loomis Homestead on the Loomis-Chaffee School campus has stood on its knoll above the Farmington River since 1640. The house and surrounding property was a gift of the Loomis family in 1874 to create an independent school for boys. It has been very well maintained over the centuries and retains most of its original features.
On two occasions, it has been asked to design renovations to the building. We were selected for this work because of our reputation as the premier historic architecture firm in the State of Connecticut. The first phase of the work was the creation of a new kitchen and two new bathrooms in the house. Great care was taken to work within the existing confines of rooms and to select appropriate materials, casework and lighting. The second phase of the work, which followed 15 years later, was undertaken when the tenancy of the house changed from that of a faculty family to the family of the Dean of Admissions. The work in this phase, in order to accommodate a large, young family, included the expansion of the existing kitchen into an unused portion of the rear ell and the creation of another bathroom on the upper floor.
Loomis- Chaffee School
QA+M Architecture is a full-service architectural firm that provides programming, planning and interior design for clients in Commercial, community, education, healthcare, historical, housing, and recreational/athletic markets. Staffed by 33 dedicated professionals, including 18 licensed architects, the firm has grown into one of the 10 largest architectural firms in Connecticut.
195 Scott Swamp Rd, Farmington, CT 06032